JOYFUL JANUARY: GOD'S FINGERPRINTS

Photo by Natalie Grainger via Unsplash

JOYFUL JANUARY: GOD'S FINGERPRINTS

Happy New Year! How did you see in 2022?

I’ve did a lot of hot yoga on NYE (Bikram Fusion classes on You Tube) and have also been sweating away at Inferno Hot Pilates and a hot HIIT – along with Pranayama (aka the Belly Breath)

“Healing is every breath.” –Thich Nhat Hanh

For January I’ll be exploring new self-care at home, such as Ayurveda self-massage (Abhyanga) with warm oils before a shower and many of the ‘Panchakarma’ modalities such as herbal steam facials. Panchakarma is a Sanskrit word that means five therapies and it helps you rejuvenate and detox.

Instead of booze and chocolate I’ve ordered some Ayurvedic superfoods on iHerb (Ghee, Castor oil, Neem soap and Coconut oil for pulling). And a lot of Vadhams teas (Darjeeling, Earl Grey, Maharaja.) 

My 2022 healing goal is personal medicine: detoxify, strengthen my body and bolster-up my immune system immune system. I have high hopes for my busy restless Pitta mind.




These body practices, both very Vedic, support my formal certification study of Vedic (Jyotish) Astrology with Sam Geppi. Jyotish – an ancient Vedic tradition of India - means “science of light”.

I’m not leaving Marketing anytime soon but maybe one day I can give readings and counsel folk.

I chose Vedic astrology (after a brilliant online term in Q42021 with LSA) over western astrology as it feels more spiritual to me yet still has a great psychological component and aligns with my hatha yoga which I’ve practiced since 2013. I also embellish my studies with neo-vedic incorporation (specifically the outer planets of Neptune, Uranus, and Pluto) with Joni Patry.

I chose Sam’s approach as he also weaves in Neuroscience, Psychology and Quantum Physics, connecting these back to Astrology. He has a great teaching on our 3 Brains and how to stop cognitive dissonance. Our Reptile Brain helps us with protection and survival. Our Mammal Brain nurtures and connects us to communities and tribes. Our Human Brain enables us to have conceptual and abstract belief. Sam’s work reminds me of my NLP studies years back: he notes that research has shown that we are up to 200% more motivated to avoid pain than we are to experience pleasure. The inner reptile and ape control us unconsciously from within.




So, one of my goals this year is to be aware of this and better place my attention and intention so I can create from a soup of possibilities. Every moment offers us a choice now (even though the moment itself was sculpted from our past actions, by Karma). I will better (just like the Chaos Magicians and Yogis) aim to nudge my probability ratios towards my highest good in 2022. I intend to better harness my RAS (Reticular ActivatingSystem), so I get wider choices and bigger frames of references when I scope my landscape. This will empower me to better positive outcomes. Not just me but also how I contribute to the ripple, the butterfly effect as one thing is always entangled cosmically in another (Einstein’s spooky action at a distance). I hope I can be more aware of my biases and how they limit and shape me. My intention with astrology is to help me look at the past patterns, predict probable outcomes and potentially lean into better future results, my best ones.

That’s also my intention for Ayurvedic diet & nutrition and my hot Yoga practice.  

= Healthy, happy, and hot - through joyful healing at home. 



How will you be happy too in 2022?

How? It could be with a sandalwood soap wash, a cup of spicy chai, sesame seed oil in the bathroom, aloe vera on your hair etc. It could be working towards a ‘hot belly’ with confidence and success. It could be an Epsom salt soak bath, a prayer and a planetary magic candle, some dry brushing, turmeric tea, half moon pose, camel pose and standing forehead-to-knee in 38 degrees hot yoga. Is it oil massage? Natural herbal beauty? Vedic Astrology readings? Juices and tonics? Panchakarma scrubs? Healing plants? Positive psychology and quantum astrology? Planetary gemstone magic and Astrological remediation? Rituals, recipes and remedies incorporating modern Ayurveda.Veg gardening and permaculture principles? Educational podcasts? Esoteric modalities, occult studies? Spirituality? Books? Resilience Magic? The Meta human? Who knows!

But I do know...that we need radical healing to flourish as a collective, together.

The planetary patterns are like fingerprints of the Gods. They play with the parameters of our free will and choices. The ‘Grahas’ (planets) grasp us, like archetypal forces - harbingers of fate and destiny. We are avatars in their cosmic eternal game. But we can and must play our hand. Deal me in.

So I'll muse here monthly on all things Vedic Astrology, Ayurvada Living and Yoga. Happy yes and in 2022, I am feeling JOY - from studying Jyotish, Ojas wellness and practising Yoga. The word ojas means vitality and life force, vital essence. This is the meta medicine, the magic - for health and heart.

This new year's week, my wish for you is to experience and feel joy🙏. See you at CNY 🐯

Comments

Popular Posts