Pathwalking

Photo by Stephen Leonardi on Unsplash
After a draining week I realise I have not been honouring my own self care and am guilty of letting my own water level drop. So a reboot is in order, a renewed physical practice, one that’s restorative to heal. Time to wander my rustic spirit, soft as wax, over to a herb craft book as a tonic for my wellbeing. Infact I’ve many go-to low-fi “tech” (tools) that help me here:

Looking at some nice art, culinary herbs, watering my garden plants, reading about angels, imagining landscapes and listening to pastoral symphonies or chamber music on spotify, texting a friend, emailing mum, snuggling my man and boy, baking, bathing, tea-making, podcast binging, writing this blog, learning coaching skills, trying out some candle magic, sitting in nature, enjoying celebrating folklore traditional dates, mastering essential oils, burning new incense, looking up at stars, listening to birdsong, devouring history and mythology and depth psychology, making a homemade face cream, drinking a fresh green juice, browsing online for dried herbs and oils, practicing tarot, watching an online lecture, amazing at my son’s big heart and brain, practicing hot yoga, warming under sunlight, studying plants and hermetics, understanding about planets, indulging in a horoscope, smudging a room, handling a crystal, protecting my home and family, developing my study of light magic in the these dark times, marveling at positive psychology TED talks, daydreaming of futures, looking an online seed stores and gardening TV shows, finding ‘work-that reconnects’ (like volunteer coaching on whatsapp) and giving my time to help others through this apocalyptic year, studying permaculture, contributing and drawing from premium member online communities, and leafing through my huge library of books. 

These are all regular spontaneous simple practices that ground me and help rewild my wellbeing. We need to start planning post-pandemic, making our own personal resilience plan for wellness and regeneration at a micro and local level. Questioning our values, perhaps urgently reframing them. Embracing nature as a medicine of joy, a green new way. Lifting our souls and cells through pleasing self-reliance. Enhancing our mood and reawakening our senses. Appreciating this visceral precious life, learning the language of the world symbols, finding or settling places where magic can happen whether in wild space or urban setting. True optimism can build a better world and help us reconnect with source. We can empower purposeful healing in ourselves and for others. We can deal with trauma and grief better if we are stronger from within. We can survive and thrive this scary summer and guard the future for our children if we see the possibility for our own heroism. I will work on self acceptance, on self esteem, on self confidence, on contentment, on growing (both plants and character), on becoming my own medicine, my own anti inflammatory and on being the calmness I seek.

Walk with me through your own healing quest through a medicinal or meditative garden of the soul. For you too are abundant. Take the path.



Comments

Popular Posts