Forests of Meaning

Photo by Peter Oslanec on Unsplash
Self-care for challenging and uncertain times is our medicine for the future when we come out of coronavirus pandemics. we can choose a hopeful and more beneficial frame for our worlds, choosing a better life that is available to us and that can be cultivated with good metaphysics. We can implement personal Utopias, celebrate the spirit and aliveness as well as having fun again and enjoying life. As we shift into the new airy Aquarian age of space and cyberspace, we can simultaneously balance with our response, mediating with the ancient and analogue where we can whilst still integrating into exciting new futures beyond stars and inside nanodes. Here's a simple example of an old-school response to walk:
  • Dried Herbs, Herbal teas, Sacred Herb Gardens, Gums and Resins, Essential Oils, Blended Massage Oils, Candles, Burners, Incense, Flower Waters, Body Butters, Room/Space Aromas, Tonics, Ointments and Elixirs – all made from nature’s storehouse and learnt and crafted by hand by me.
These beauties help me to walk pathways of grief that might come, for myself and for healing of others. When I can get off devices, try out more metamorphic responses that resonate with the continuity of form (rather than ADHD distractions of Pavlovian notifications checking and 5 second social attention spans). I will be more aware of the REAL everyday – even as my clever son embraces all things of the new Aeon (AI, VR on the internet, Quantum Computing, Nanotechnology and Crypto) as I did with the internet over 21 years ago, for myself at midlife I choose that the most elegant and efficient operating system for me is a natural one. I choose the 4 classical elements in all my work (Air, Earth, Sun, and Water). I choose to breathe and bathe in sun and garden – these are my tiny hills to die on. Like Charles Eisenstein says, I know of a “better world our hearts know are possible”. In the bread and circuses of the pandemic I embrace the more nourishing traditions and I design my own garden of self and soul.

For all our mental health, there is often an interiority quality of illness, with a philosophical psychological and metaphysical approach that can bring meaning to healing and treatment. Learning about herbs has helped my wellness, magical herbalism for me is urgent and key to wellbeing, books are my eclectic provisions to all my practical resilience magic praxis, Permaculture and Gardening tips give fragmentation counter-balance and provide an whole ecosystem solution. We can tap into our own inner light and illuminate our own resilience magic for self-care. How do we get out of a labyrinth? We choose firstly not to enter a labyrinth of somebody else’s language and ontology. We choose instead a language dimension that serves our flourishing, one that contributes a post-new normal doom narrative (one of a hygiene aesthetic defence). What will we each contribute to in a new world of health and healing for the next century? What practices and rituals can we bring to the table and share as living knowledge? How will we heal others from grief? What meditation techniques can we teach, what herbal relief can be blended to banish mental demons, how will we heal the shadow? What indigenous and shamanic approach will serve us? What healing modalities and cosmological healing technologies can we impart? 

Disease always comes with meaning, not just a single tree but a whole forest of meaning. During our slumber retreat in COVID lockdown and with this virus, what meaning can we impart? Will we see the wood for the trees? Will we find our way out through a forest passage and back home again?

Comments

Popular Posts