O Captain! My Captain!

Photo by Maximilian Weis Becker on Unsplash
I’m re-reading Star.Ships again (after watching The Gift on Netflix). It’s like a warm visit to an old friend. Gobekli Tepei fascinates me. An ancient place built by civilisation thousands of years older than Stonehenge which has left so much mystery behind unexplained. I’m listening to Graham Hancock’s Fingerprints of the Gods too on Audible and I’m reminded how our assumptions about linear human progress and growth – from the primitive to the civilised – is very wrong.

Like a voyage sailing into the great unknown, a gnostic odyssey into the stars, we travel in the dark, with only our Stella Maris to guide us and light the way. And we travel though realms, of archaeology, prehistory, mysticism, anthropology, mythology, psychology and throughout all – story.

We travel, we journey, with a view to transforming out potential and activating our soul’s code. By moon we navigate the waters and sail cosmic seas. Through the liminal we steer. With only our curiosity and intuition as compass and wheel. We yearn for the deep, we long for the re-enchantment to be enjoyed through the trip – a rebellion and show of dissatisfaction at our too-rational world. Equipped with trunks of books as our maps, our fleet travels on.

The land we hope to spot is one of a new mythology, a new human possibility for living. A new Atlantean to seek and a new underwater kingdom to worship. We hunt for the submerged symbolic trident, following the degrees of course set out by our soul instruments. It is not the grail that is the objective, the boon. Rather, the dogged determined detective-like quest to find it. Like a force of nature, propelled onwards by winds of magic, with our word as our law, we explore the deep ocean-like recesses of our psyches. We are both king and magician, we wear the masks of Gods. We are The Navigator and the Captains of our own vessels, fathoms deep.

Searching, being a seeker, trying to find systems and solutions to the mysteries of the Universe and the human experience – this is the astounding idiotic fairy-tale we found ourselves ensouled in as players in some amuse-the-Gods maze. Caught in time loops and worlds of meaning, with wit and creativity and hope, we adventure on. Like following some DNA-ingrained ritual to find rebirth, our souls pull us forward. The power of our entelechy is like having a personal myth all inside us, we are our own hero with a thousand faces, our own endless fictions. It is an inner experience, and a deep one at that. It is not exterior nor exponentially fast, it is Saturnian slow. It is not dumbed-down, nor ‘bite-size’ nor ‘snackable’ like some snapchat-here-today-gone-tomorrow. Instead it is transmitted from way down inside, like a poetic dream programmed within driving all our subconscious behaviour and resulting actions. It is unstoppable and unavoidable. It is, in a word, destiny.

It is innate Will, directed pre-programmed belief, unique to each one of us, directing us to live out the chosen myth. All our imaginative faculty, our dreams, our daydreams, our active and creative play – it is all governed by this Fate, this numinous power at microcosm at atomic level inside us.

This acorn of desire, this Will, this force of psyche, is what changes things, what causes stuff, what makes today and writes tomorrow and wrote yesterday too. Like a witchcraft it beguiles me, like a Holy Guardian Angel it blows whispers in my ear to guide me on with a loving nudge. Its telos has the bigger picture not only of where I come from but also of where I should be going (based on the truth of who I really am – even if I don’t know it consciously myself), based on your truth too. It writes for me. It speaks for me. It is my language, my symbols, my dreams. It is my wordcraft, my imagining, my fictions and my play.

Moreover, it calls painfully on my bullshit everyday. It knows my every self-deceit. I cannot hide. It motivates and drives and it is stronger than my intellect, ego or conscious rationalism. It is my Story, and wherever I go, there goes I – there goes it, my Story. It strips my soul clean and bare and raw. It reflects and mirrors and breaks up ever projection and illusion into a million tiny pieces. I cannot deflect. It is my magic inside. It is infinite potential. It is energy and almost like a diametric force, constantly smashing into my sensible rational plans and goal-setting and destroying those dull pedestrian simple hopes with a cackling laugh of the all-knowing trickster. Yet, from a cataclysmic clash of two worlds (conscious and unconscious competing directions), a third new way is revealed, a new unseen island to navigate to and a genius original destination of where to disembark.

Land ahoy, avast avast.


Comments

Popular Posts