BLESSED BE


BLESSED BE

The Magic of Ritual includes Prayer. When something we really want to happen, happens – when it manifests and becomes REAL (#IRL), this is not a Mystery, this is Spiritual Magic at play. When the invisible is made visible, when we get what we have prayed and longer for, the magic of ritual has worked to deliver our desires and answer our prayers. Wishes are granted, roads are opened and paths are unblocked. God is working his best as our guide towards our own best spiritual and magickal life!

Growing up a Catholic girl, seeing the priest transform bread and wine into the body and blood of Christ – the joyous theatre of church magic was mine to behold. The sisters talked of saints and spirits as beings who were in constant communication with us, oh if only we would listen. The amazing nuns were incredible strong souls (plucky Irish old old ladies) who wove their Catholic magic and spells at the altar and with angels. Each Sister of Sion had a divine presence herself, each was the embodiment of Divine Love, full of heart.

The sisters helped me BELIEVE. Prayer is a powerful tool. But I forgot that for a while, a long time.

But when I remember to believe that source and centre for all things is in itself, Belief, then I feel whole again. Wrapped in the holy of the spiritual life, the stuff of the Divine, of Power and Faith – I feel more magical than ever. We are what we believe.

The sisters taught me to focus the prayer, to work it’s magic. Be serious. Take things as urgent. In urgent times like the 2020s and covid crazy /surveillance state worlds, there is a soulful urgency indeed. We need the divine more than ever. So I light my candles, make my wishes, bless my loved ones and set a spell for Good. I have purpose and intention. I am grateful. This is necessary. I implore divine action. I hope. I have faith. Words are sacred acts. Prayer is a spell.

My newly re-awakened (of all things, reached via Magic and Astrology) Catholic spirituality abounds. I enjoy setting up spiritual altars, dressing candles with oils, working psalms, giving, forgiving, reading out loud magical prayers, reading books of wisdom and keeping up a regular practice.

Day-to-day, I conjure thoughts of healing. Cures to re-enchant the world with peace. I choose to see the world as sacred and magical. Prayers, candles, incense, beads and blessings. I feel safe and comforted – like a warm blanket of love. Some say the Bible is the biggest spell book, that Moses was the greatest Magician and that books of prayers are grimoires of love. I choose to lean into this Catholic Magic, with a dash of folk Hoodoo and Wicca mixed in. Religion and Ritual interwoven. Spiritual Spells. Magical Prayer. I bring it all to God.

My spiritual recipe is ever changing. I try to conjure the best in all situations of chaos that life curveballs at me, trying to appreciate that life is both full of both rose petals and thorns sometimes. I am picking up all my broken pieces and super-gluing them together at midlife, like some Osiris being stitched together by his devoted Isis.

Life is a Living Prayer, it blesses us every day. Everything is holy. Everything is magical. Amen.




Comments

Popular Posts